We and AI is a Non-Profit Organisation set up and run by volunteers from a range of different backgrounds and occupations.
We work to increase the awareness and understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI) amongst the general UK population.
This is essential to empower people to have a say in how the technology making decisions about them should be used and controlled.
We are currently creating ways to engage people in the potential risks and rewards of the AI already in their lives and to show different ways to get their voices heard.
Help us make sure there is humanity in technology!
About the role
As a Social Media Manager, you will play an integral role in the design and development of We and AI’s social media presence and effectiveness to achieve our charitable goals. Includes creating and promoting interactive and engaging content, managing community and campaigns, linking with organisational communications objectives.
Your duties will include the following:
- Researching, planning, creating and scheduling content in line with our social media posting process.
- Writing posts, tweets and status updates in a style that fits our brand guidelines and tone of voice.
- Working alongside the programme and leadership team to create, align and implement the best social media campaigns.
- Social media outreach to support key initiatives.
- Social community management and moderation.
- Reporting and campaign analysis, looking at trends and making recommendations.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English (native or bilingual level).
- Previous experience in creating, posting and interacting with social media content for an organisation on Twitter, LinkedIn and ideally Instagram.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques.
- Attention to detail.
- A passion for community and digital and social interaction, and collaboration.
- Interest in technology, society and human rights.
- Being and keeping up to date with social media best practice and developments.
- An understanding of marketing segmentation and targeting is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Canva and Buffer or similar platforms.
- Experience with Spreadsheets, and competence in Google Drive.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
What is in it for you?
- In return, you will gain training in AI (suitable for the non-technical person), in ethical principles of technology, and in engaging people in discussion about AI.
- You will be taking on an account which is becoming high profile with lots of national support and should grow quickly.
- You will join a community of professionals, academics, technologists, ethicists and social justice advocates in the AI field who can help curate and create interesting content.
- You will have the opportunity to grow a network in the sector.
- Have a recognised role which can form part of your CV.
This role will require regular activity. You will need to have at least 3-6 hours per week to donate to We and AI for a minimum period of 6 months. Activities related to this role might take place either during the day or in the early evening.
How to Apply
The first stage involves you writing a short motivation letter (no more than 500 words or one A4 page) outlining your skills and motivations. Please submit your supporting letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the volunteer job title as the email subject line. If you would like to make a submission in a different format, such as video or audio, please also get in touch to inform us.
If successful with your application, the second stage involves a follow-up interview, and then a session to discuss in more detail that the programme can fit into your situation and commitments. The first interview will typically be via video conference but will endeavour to fit around any accessibility needs. Feedback will be given to unsuccessful candidates.
Please note: We particularly encourage people who come from all kinds of minorities (e.g. related to race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexuality, (dis)ability), or from disadvantaged backgrounds to apply. This is in order to help increase the diversity of people being considered in the development and use of AI and automation, which is currently not at all representative of the population. However, we are fully inclusive, welcoming all people, from any geographic location (UK or UK focused), educational background, or age.
For more information, please refer to the website: www.weandai.org